Samhitha Crop Care Clinics offers precision farming advisory to the farmers. A group of certified and skilled agri-professionals retains an eye fixed on the crops always. Farmers, Field Assistants, and Advisors are the three primary elements of this technique. Farmers who need to make farming simpler and extra worthwhile by utilizing sustainable farming practices ought to register with the system.
Krishi Jagran spoke with Kalyan Enjamoori, the corporate’s Chief Technology Officer, to achieve a greater understanding of how Samhitha Crop Care Clinics works. Through his technological experience, Kalyan helps Samhitha construct technological options for Indian farmers.
1. Tell us about Samhitha Crop Care Clinics and your journey up to now.
Samhitha was formally established in February 2021. We have onboarded 4,000 acres of citrus fields in Telangana, representing 700+ farmers. By the tip of 2022, We are on track to onboard 10,000 acres. Samhitha’s founding group has deep roots in agriculture and know-how. Dr. Shyam Sundar Reddy (CEO), Jagan Chitiprolu (CMD), and I’ve a mixed expertise of fifty years in Agri-tech options for farmers in India and developed international locations.
Samhitha raised $1.5 million in a seed spherical led by TechStar Group, with participation from Quadrant Resource and angel buyers, in November 2021. Samhitha has been in a position to present world-class advisory providers to citrus farmers in Telangana because of an in a position group of plant docs, soil scientists, and know-how consultants.
2. What’s the issue Samhitha is attempting to unravel by way of its choices?
Based on our in depth analysis we’ve got seen that Profitability and Crop Longevity are two main issues of Horticulture Farmers in India. Some of the opposite issues are:
Imbalanced Fertilizer software
Defective Irrigation & Spray schedules
Late detection of Pests and Diseases
Poor dealing with of underground seepage and drainage water
By offering Advisory providers to Citrus farmers Samhitha plans to
Double the common Citrus tree age from 12 years to 24 years
Decrease Cost of Cultivation by 30%
Double the Crop Yield
Increase A grade fruit by 25%
3. Throw some gentle on your corporation mannequin. What is your monetization mannequin?
Samhitha offers Precision Advisory providers to Citrus farmers by way of a singular mixture of Plant & Soil Expertise and the most recent technological developments.
Once the farmer is onboarded, a Soil Test report is generated with 12 totally different vitals; adopted by a Drone survey and a complete Digital Tree Health Audit (DTHA) the place each tree within the area is tagged. Scouting for 52 totally different Citrus issues is carried out for each tree and information is captured by way of pictures & movies within the Mobile App. This information is then analyzed by our Advisors (Plant docs) and related recommendation is delivered to the farmer by way of Mobile App & SMS.
Samhitha conducts its enterprise by way of Revenue sharing mannequin. We cost a One-time Registration Fee of Rs. 1,000 per acre, and Advisory Services Fees of ₹10,000 per acre post-harvest each season.
4. What applied sciences have you ever been leveraging to disrupt the agricultural area within the nation?
A mixture of cloud providers, Drones, IoT gadgets, Mobile Apps, and AI/ML algorithms are used to seize information and supply advisory to farmers.
Drones survey helps present a high-level understanding of area vitals similar to Plant Stress and Canopy cowl
Ground fact and Aerial information captured by way of IoT gadgets accompanied with Soil Moisture, Soil Temperature sensors and Weather station give a holistic image of the Soil, Tree & Micro-climatic circumstances
Our Citron Mobile App with pc imaginative and prescient capabilities detects 52 totally different issues that have an effect on Citrus Crops
Based on our Internal Knowledge Base and Research publications our AI & ML algorithms routinely generate Cost-effective Advisory options, these are ratified by our Advisors earlier than they’re printed to the farmers.
Through our Citron Mobile App farmer is given entry to Soil Test Reports, Drone Reports, Tree standing, Spray & Irrigation Schedules & Tree stage Bi-weekly Advisory within the Local language.
5. How do you evaluate and distinction India’s agriculture sector with that of different economies?
India’s Agriculture sector is certainly one of its type on the planet resulting from varied cultural and socio-economic causes. In most, developed nations Agriculture employment is lower than 10% of the overall workforce. In India 42.6% of the Workforce is employed in Agriculture, regardless of this their contribution to the GDP is simply 20.19%. Even a marginal improve in per capita revenue of the Indian farmers can deliver large advantages to India.
Remote sensing by way of Low Orbiting Satellites (LEO) is finished in varied nations for figuring out plant stress and defects. But their effectiveness in offering crop advisory in India has been met with large challenges. Ideal Weather circumstances, Crop Homogeneity, and sizeable acreages are desired necessities for Remote sensing. But, Unpredictable Cloud cowl, Crop Diversification practices and Marginal landholding (85% of Indian farmers are Marginal farmers with lower than 2.5 acres) are frequent norms in India
High Mobile Penetration (68% in Rural India) and Low Data Cost have performed a crucial function within the supply of cloud-based digital providers to farmers. 80% of Samhitha’s Farmers are Smartphone customers. Supply Chain disruptions & eLearning adoption throughout Covid have additionally contributed to the excessive acceptance of new-age Digital Services.
6. What provides your organization a aggressive benefit?
1. Being true to Precision Farming we seize information on the most granular stage i.e., on the tree stage. This helps us give tree particular advisory thus making certain
Significant lower in enter bills
Increased yield per acre
Decreased variability throughout the sector
Increase within the cultivation of High-quality produce thus growing the profitability
2. In-house growth of IoT gadgets & ML algorithms have ensured that we’re in a position to construct correct and cost-effective Decision Support Systems
3. Customer Onboarding is less complicated as there isn’t any upfront CAPEX/OPEX value borne by the farmer
4. We have constructed a database of over 3 Lakh citrus timber, and by capturing 52 totally different issues of Citrus timber we’re presently a Leader in Citrus Advisory in India.
5. Due to the employment of native youth (>75% of our workers are domestically employed), we’ve got been in a position to construct a robust farmer neighborhood. Our Customer Acquisition Cost may be very low as greater than 50% of our farmers are referrals.
6. Due to Bi-weekly join with the farmer and excessive NPS (presently 90%) introducing new providers (ex: Market Linkages) to the farmers has not been difficult
7. Timely supply & High high quality of fruit are non-negotiable standards when partnering with Modern retailers. Due to the stronghold that Samhitha has on the Crop cycle and Fruit high quality, we’re seeing eager curiosity from fashionable retail channels for partnerships.
7. Elaborate on the current market situation. What type of enterprise alternatives do you see on this section?
Produce Marketing & Inputs play a key function in figuring out Farmer’s Savings, Profitability & Crop Longevity. Pre-determined Farm gate costs, extremely risky Mandi costs, and excessive Logistics prices (Rs. 80,000 per acre) could not give fascinating revenue to the farmer. Unavailability of Input provides (Fertilizers, Pesticides) can be a problem.
Apart from Advisory providers Samhitha is presently exploring Market Linkages within the Modern Retail section & Mandis. We are additionally exploring partnerships with Companies for Input linkages.
8. What is the product/service enhancement roadmap?
We might be rolling out the under services and products within the coming 6 months.
Mobile Apps for Modern Retail and Mandi to lift indent
Degree Brix (sugar content material) measurement to offer constant high quality Fruit for Modern Retailers
Mobile Apps and APIs for Banking and Insurance firms to research Farmers’ information for offering Credit & Insurance
9. Lastly, what are your growth plans for the approaching 3-5 years?
In the following three years, we hope to onboard 1 lakh citrus acres. We plan to broaden our providers within the neighbouring states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Maharashtra over the following three years, and all through India inside the subsequent 5 years. We are additionally planning to broaden into different money crops like Mirchi, papaya, grapes, pomegranates, and mangoes. Expansion in Market Linkages, Input Linkages, Partnerships for Credit Linkages & Crop insurance coverage are presently being explored.
(Author: Shivam Dwivedi)